What is it, and why IHS is the best!
East Georgia Compounding & Wellness is one of the few compounding pharmacies in Southeast Georgia. The art of compounding is the method of preparing medication to meet the unique needs of prescribers and patients. It is an age-old art dating back as far as the ancient Egyptians.
Since 1998 we have been providing quality service and products for specific patient needs. Our pharmacists have received extensive additional training in compounding techniques and have access to a support network that involves both chemists and pharmacists. Under the direction of your physician or veterinarian, we help provide a solution to your specific need. From pediatric to pet needs we can help.
Here is a list of areas we customize medications for:
We can customize medications in these dosage forms:
Here are our Compounding services providers:
Our profesional and certified compounding staff:
Want more details? Click here for more!
Our compounding center offers you and the physician an alternative method to develop custom medications for the problems you are experiencing.
Have you tried several different medications, leaving you frustrated and no further along in the healing process? If your answer is yes, compounding pharmacy may be a viable option to create a unique therapy for you. We feel that this service allows us to integrate with doctor and patient to develop medicines and treatments that are customized to the patient’s individual condition and physiological needs.
Our staff can compound therapies for the following disciplines:
- Veterinary (flavoring meds with tuna oil for cats)
- Pediatric (promethazine PLO for nausea, flavoring, changing strengths)
- Oncology (misoprostol radiation mouthwash, tetracaine lollipops)
- Pulmonology (nicotine lollipops, inhalation solutions and combinations)
- Podiatry (Nifedipine PLO, gels for diabetic neuropathies)
- Dental (Lidocaine lollipops, poly-ox bandages for ulcers)
- Neurology (diff combinations of medications in cream form for neuropathies)
- Obstetrics (progesterone vaginal suppositories)
- Opthalmics (sterile ophthalmic drops)
- Gynecology (scream cream)
- Bio-Identical HRT (tri-est, bi-est, testosterone, progesterone in different strengths and dosage forms)
If Dispensing Methods are a problem we can take conventional medicines and change their current dosage form to ease and promote patient compliance for the full course of treatment. Some possibilities are:
- Topical Applications
- Intravenous Meds
Krista Stone is credentialed to offer consultation on bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. We custom compound the biological estrogens, micronized progesterone, and testosterone that specifically meet a woman’s needs. The patient’s progress is closely monitored through monthly follow-ups to ensure proper dosing and compliance.
We provide consultation on herbs, vitamins, homeopathic and other options for the patient that wants to take some type of supplementation to improve their quality of life.
Call or email today to see if we could possibly help you in any way! East Georgia Compounding & Wellness (912) 685-7498.